Friday, January 22, 2016

Kind Of Like Star Trek

This may seem like a strange comparison but I think my life could be like Star Trek.
Not the content of the show mind you.
No, rather more like the resiliency of the show.
Star Trek was a show that originally aired in the 60's and just after three seasons it was cancelled.
The show survived in re-runs, movies, four spin off TV shows (a fifth coming in 2017) and three reboot movies.
Not bad.
I might not be flying through space on a starship, fighting hostile aliens. I will probably never save Earth from certain doom, but I have been told how my simple words have changed at least one persons life for the better.
My life came close to being canceled more than once but here I am still chasing the life that Almighty God has given to me.
I had a recent setback.
Or so I thought at the time.
Turns out that despite the pain of it, it wasn't a setback so much as a wakeup call.
The so called loss showed me that God was impressed with my tenacity while at the same time telling me that I'm on the right path but I need to take a turn in the road that I wasn't expecting.
God may do the same for you.
Or maybe he just did.
Worry not. God may have prevented you from plunging off a cliff.
The Lord does give and take away. And it's for good reason.
Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. He wrote our story we just have to learn to trust His direction.
To boldly go where no one has gone before.

No comments:

Post a Comment