Saturday, January 16, 2016

Don't be that guy.

I just listened to a very inspirational message about taking a leap of faith.
I didn't know who I was listening to, but it was very much something I NEEDED to hear.
Then I found out who the speaker was and I was surprised. But not in a good way.
Because the speaker seems to have slipped from the godly person who spoke those much needed words.
It made me sad (a little).
I'm not saying that this person is bad. Maybe just a little just in the midst of a backslide. I'm not passing judgment, I've been there, done that.
What I'm saying is this; many people are surprised at the man of God I've become.
I'm shocked at who I am versus who I used to be.
And it's by the grace of God that I'm here at all.
God can use anybody to inspire people.
That means you.
You don't have to be a preacher to share the good news of God.
You can be a teacher, comedian, football player, banker, janitor, recovering addict, etc....
Wouldn't it be nice for people to see how far you've climbed instead of people gossiping about how far you've fallen.

No comments:

Post a Comment