Sunday, August 21, 2016

What were you expecting?

I learned some great things in church today.
  One of them was about marriage.
The speaker thought he had found the perfect girl. Then he went on a missions trip and she was with someone else.
  He then asked us if any of us found someone perfect would they want us?
Not a single hand was raised.
  So I beg the question; especially for those of us who are married;
  Are we expecting too much from our spouse?
  Many people blame Eve for the fall of the human race. But I say, couldn't Adam just have said no? Ever since then women seem to have been second class citizens.
  My point is that no one is perfect.
 Do we expect too much of ourselves?
Do we take our failures out on others?
  Maybe at work the pressure our bosses feel makes them cranky even if we go above and beyond the call of duty.
  If you mess up say I'm sorry.
If our spouse or kids foul things up instead of yelling say, oh well we can try to fix it. And then maybe hug it out.
Because despite my flaws I'm hoping God will say well done good and faithful servant when I get to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment