Thursday, March 27, 2014

Men, How Does This Make You Feel?

     They say that one of the greatest tragedy's is when a parent has to bury a child. Sometimes such a child is stillborn. Never breathing a single breath.
     I know first hand how horrible this is. My fiance is in a support group dealing with such loss. I know that despite the fact the child isn't mine he has touched my life in ways I never imagined.
     It hurts. I cry.
     I cry despite being taught that crying makes me a "sissy." In my life crying has been a strength. Crying is like free grief counseling.
     So why did I bring the subject of stillbirth up?
     Because so often the women who go through such loss are deemed imperfect. Often husbands leave.
     Why? I feel in part, that the pressure to carry on the family name.
     When people get married there is a great expectation to have kids. If it doesn't happen try try again.
     Not always a choice.
     We sometimes ask ourselves why do bad or unfit parents get to have kids when so many "deserving" parents never have such a chance? It may suck but we may never know in this life.
      There is the hope that once we get to Heaven all will be revealed.
     Faith is the evidence of things unseen.
       We don't know everything.
      God's ways are far above our ways.
       Guys, when the Bible says that we are to be the head of the household we are being pressed into a role similar to Jesus is to the church. We should be there for our wives. We are to be man and like Jesus who does what he sees His father in Heaven doing.
     Jesus would never abandon anyone.
     We are to love unconditionally.
     Like Jesus we are to be OK with laying down our lives for our wives.
      That may mean letting go of the expectation of producing an heir.
     God's calling is as unique for all of us as there are people on the planet.
     So be a man.
      Take up your cross.
      Be like Simon who helped Jesus carry his cross when he no longer could.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment