Monday, September 23, 2013

"Just What I Needed. Just What You Needed" (Messages From The Pulpit)

I had been in a funk as of late. I thought that perhaps I had exaggerated just how much talent I have as a writer.
To be honest it wasn't a funk. It was nearly full blown depression.
I had missed going to Mass for quite a while.
Then I went today.
God spoke directly to me through the words of The Gospel and the wisdom of the priest.
The Gospel passage spoke about hiding the light that God has given us to shine in what is often a very dark world.
I was convinced that my creative light had been snuffed out.
Not true.
I simply refused to acknowledge that the enemy of our souls was on the prowl seeking to devour me.
Listening to the words of the father of lies brought me low.
I was reminded today that depression can lead to regression.
I could mean moving back to a state where my soul was lost.
Today The Lord reached out to me and assured me that he has not lied to me nor has he taken gifts away.
I have a light to share.
I can not hide in the dark. For everywhere I go The Lord follows.
The Lord is faithful and just to finish the good work he has begun in me. To finish what he started in all of his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment